|The Jewellery Design Trainer will be responsible for the following:
• Build a leading jewellery design education program
• Identify market trends in Jewelry and fashion
• Provide guidance and assistance to faculty staff in developing their capacity for teaching and research
• Seek continuous improvement in academic standards of the DDA
• Identify upcoming trends, new segments, and specific business opportunities
• Research, identify and forecast market jewelry trends and arrange materials accordingly.
• Develop well imagined and visualized jewelry designs utilizing magazine tears.
• Teach and supervise students on CAD CAM programs such as Matrix and Rhino (and other 3D software) along with associated tools and equipment such as Jewellery professional tools, 3D printers, school software and other related program and applications.
• Address student concerns, complaints, or issues on a timely manner
• Participate in meetings, trainings and ongoing professional development, as needed, concerning course material, instructional content, student feedback, operational and administrative procedures, etc.
• Participates in creative discussions, reviews market trends and competitive market research
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) and/or five years related practical jewelry industry experience preferred
• GIA certified in one/more off: Jewellery Manufacturing Arts (JMA); Jewelry Design & Technology (JDT), Jewellery Design Certificate, GIA Comprehensive CAD/CAM Certificate, Graduate Jeweller (GJ) and/or Graduate Gemologist (GG)
• Certification in teaching Matrix-8
• Jewelry Design: 5 years
• Gemvision Matrix: 2 years
• Rhino 3D: 2 years
• Expert knowledge and working ability in CAD/CAM
• Experience working in the Middle East and Arabic language skills
• Must have demonstrated teaching excellence, and an ability to communicate and work effectively with students, faculty and administrators
• A minimum of three years of teaching experience, or the equivalent, is preferred
• Basic knowledge of jewelry manufacturing in order to help successfully translate sketches and designs into functional CAD documents
• Knowledge of gemstones and their uses; to include stone species, setting techniques and best practices
The successful candidate will enjoy the following:
• Market competitive basic salary
• Housing allowance
• Transportation allowance
• Annual flight allowance
• Other alternative family benefits including schooling
• Company gratuity scheme that includes long term incentive plan
• Discretionary bonus schemes
• Generous annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Free covered parking
• Retail discounts with over 450 outlets across JLT.