|The responsibilities of the Design Manager - Interiors include the following:
• Develop project specific “vision” documents and design briefs for ID.
• Develop scope documents for ID consultancy services.
• Assist with the development of project budgets and tailor design briefs and scopes to suit.
• Identify suitable Interior Design consultants for projects and run pre-qualification process with assistance of DMCC Contracts & Procurement department.
• Oversee and work cohesively with external parties (Design/Engineering Consultants, Project Management Consultants, Cost Consultants, Feasibility and Capital/Finance Advisors, etc.) to ensure productive output and achievements in line with DMCC’s wider business objectives.
• Perform day-to-day tasks required to manage, review and direct the ID consultants and their deliverables. Manage internal and external teams to ensure that feasibility, program, design/technical efficiencies, quality and sales/leasing specifications for projects are achieved through to completion and provide Development support during construction and handover stages.
• Liaise with DMCC’s Commercial and/or Cost Consultant for meeting budgets and reporting on progress against payment applications, review and assessment of change orders/claims.
• Prepare documents for internal requests for authorization of expenditures and capital investment to initiate development.
• Produce, maintain and present consolidated and current high level executive reports for development/real estate projects, highlighting critical issues/risks and providing recommendations and strategies/measures for executive level consideration.
• Prepare delivery strategies for development/design/engineering, coordinate with and integrate the input from support functions (Construction, Legal, Contracts and Procurement, Commercial, Sales/Leasing, Marketing and Operations/Asset Managers) to deliver designs/developments ready for construction tendering and contractor appointment.
• Liaise with Contracts and Procurement department on procurement issues related to project development, design, engineering and construction including assistance in the development of procurement strategies, drafting of suitable services agreements and scopes of work, pre-qualification and tender evaluations, and tender negotiations in accordance with DMCC’s policies and procedures and approved business plans.
• Identify and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet program goals.
• Monitor progress, provide financial control and ensures quality of project. Track all spending and ensure project is within budget and timelines are met.
• Lead, delegate, guide and coordinate all Development disciplines to harmonize their diverse functions in order to deliver coordinated and complete projects in accordance with objectives per the approved business plans.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
• Degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the Design consultancy and/or Design Management
• Strong abilities to compete against other sector participants (local Middle East/UAE real estate development and market experience is a significant plus)
• Established track record of delivery of projects (built and successful). Sufficient history on projects showing involvement through full development cycle.
• In depth knowledge of the gulf region with experience in the Middle East with a delivered track record of projects.
• Communication Skills (Listening, Verbal, Written)
• Presentation skills
• Listening skills
• Design Analysis and Evaluation
• Problem solving skills
• Digital competence
The successful candidate will enjoy the following:
• Market competitive basic salary
• Housing allowance
• Transportation allowance
• Annual flight allowance
• Other alternative family benefits including schooling
• Company gratuity scheme that includes long term incentive plan
• Discretionary bonus schemes
• Generous annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Free covered parking
• Retail discounts with over 450 outlets across JLT.